I have had some other things to do today, but I did find the time to read up on some of my rather basic & rusty knowledge (ASP.Net 2.0 / Atlas / ... )
I am hoping to put together the base classes this evening.
As a simple data mapper I will use ORM.Net because :
- I am familiar with it
- It works rather quick & correct for a data mapper
- It is open source, so it could easily be adapted
- It does the job for me
- It implements a very nice query system
Some disadvantages :
- .Net 1.1, not 2.0, so no generics/partial classes etc
- Not a real ORM, only data mapper, but since one can define a 1:1 relation, ORM should be quite easy to implement
- Currently only SQL Server is supported
- Not a really active userbase
I will keep you all posted about my progress tonight !!!