February will be awesome
After chatting with a lot of friends yesterday, I realized: February will be awesome. Here’s why:
- I get to finish the Erlang FoundationDB driver.
- I have a friend with a well established email marketing business that is hiring me (again) for a couple of weeks to fix some really challenging issues in .Net.
- I have another client is hiring me this month. When he hires me, it is usually to get them up to speed with new tech. In the past I have introduced them to TDD, BDD, DDD, continuous integration and dynamic cloud provisioning, just to name a few. They even sent me out to Italy once for a few days to evaluate the software architecture of an app they were considering to buy. I am eager to find out what it will be this time….
- A lot of people in my personal and social network are reaching out and handing me work/opportunities; some on the short term, some on the long term, and some even permanent. They help me, and I can help them as well, so it’s a great feeling. I still have quite some leads up and running, and all thanks to you…
As you all know, I love challenges, so that’s why I am so excited. Know anyone that has trouble with software development? Here’s what I can help you with:
- Agile PM.
- non-communicating or malfunctioning teams.
- Software practices:
- Functional and technical analysis .
- Brownfield refactoring: how to convert legacy code into a proper code base (teach & do).
- Best software practices (BDD/TDD/DDD/SOLID/…).
- Software architecture (lots of knowledge on CQRS/ES).
- Git(hub), feature branching and -toggles
- Model storming: model your problem/solution space in a unique way, (combining ICT & business).
- Proficient: .Net (C#, VB.Net)
- Notions: Python, PHP, Haskell, Ruby, F#, GoLang, Bash
- OS: Linux/Windows
- Persistence: Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle/RavenDB/MongoDB/FoundationDB/MemCached/…
- Cloud: Windows Azure/DigitalOcean/…
You can find even more info and references from my former projects at my LinkedIn profile.
Contact me today:
- Call at +32 478 336 376 .
- Mail at tom@corebvba.
- Skype @ToJanss